The first signs of pregnancy start showing up in the first weeks following the conception. Some of these signs you will experience might be nausea, dizziness, and mood swings, etc.
Are you really pregnant? The correct answer to this question is hidden in the pregnancy test. However, missing a period might be the most significant symptom of the pregnancy. Some women experience the early signs of the pregnancy in the first few weeks of the pregnancy following the conception. Therefore, you should know the first symptoms of pregnancy.
Common signs of pregnancy
Missed period might be followed by some other early signs including;
- Nausea may/may not cause vomiting: The reason of the nausea during pregnancy is not clear yet, but the pregnancy hormones are most likely the effective reasons causing nausea. Some kinds of smells which never gave hard time to the pregnant women before the pregnancy might cause nausea.
- Increased urination: Pregnant woman might start going to the restroom more than regular time in the first few weeks after conception.
- Tiredness: Feeling tired is one of the major symptoms of pregnancy. The hormone called progesterone plays an important role on fatigue. This hormone makes you feel sleepy.
- Aversions or cravings: Some foods might come to you disgusting, and you might not want to eat or even smell that food as a result of aversion when you are pregnant. On the other hand, cravings are experienced by almost all pregnant women. Aversions and cravings might also be attributed the hormonal changes during pregnancy.
Some other symptoms of pregnancy
The symptoms mentioned above are called the early symptoms of pregnancy, but they are not the only ones. A pregnant woman might also experience the following symptoms:
- Mood Swings: You might be more emotional and feel sad during pregnancy. No worries, that’s so normal in pregnancy. The hormonal changes in your body will make you have more or less a different life from the one you had before pregnancy.
- Dizziness: Your blood vessels will get wider during pregnancy, and it will cause a decrease in your blood pressure. Therefore, you might sometimes feel dizzy.
- Constipation: Constipation is also one of the symptoms of pregnancy. Your digestive system might slow down which can cause constipation.
In addition to those symptoms mentioned above, your basal body temperature might also be an indicative for pregnancy.Basal body temperature is defined the body temperature when you first wake up in the morning. Your basal body temperature increases slowly up to a certain level after ovulation and stays there till the next period. If you make a chart to follow your basal body temperature and see an elevation for more than two weeks, you might be pregnant.
Are all these symptoms enough to say that you are pregnant?
The basic answer to this question is “no” because these signs are not unique to pregnancy. You might be getting sick so that you are experiencing these symptoms. If you experience the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you take a home pregnancy test. If the result is positive, you should make an appointment with your doctor to confirm your pregnancy.by